Thứ Sáu, 6 tháng 3, 2015

My Blogging Equipment

During my time a blogger I've noticed that I've needed a few things to help me run my blog, all of which have helped All That Shimmers become what it is today. Funny enough, when I started blogging I didn't own any of this equipment, but as time went on my needs changed and my equipment changed with me! So I thought I'd share with you my current blogging equipment.

Nikon D3200
I thought I would start off with photography, you don't need an SLR to have good blog photography. You can get some really stunning photos from your phone, like the picture I've used on this post was taken with my Samsung Galaxy S3. Although I have well and truly fallen in love with my SLR, it's the best present anyone's ever gotten me and I will forever be grateful to my boyfriend!

Ikea Lack Table
I've seen so many other bloggers who use this for their photographs as well, it's just simply a small white table. I've used it for almost all of my blog photographs since I got it! (Again, including this post) and it's only £5, how cheap is that!!! But it also weighs less than most my University textbooks so that's probably why...

Lighting
I don't use these very often, but if it's a dark gloomy day and I'm desperate for some blog photos this is really handy. I got some cheap £20 travel set off Amazon and it's done me well!

My 'to review/photograph' Box
I don't know about you guys, but when I buy products I have to take photos before I use them. So to stop things getting jumbled up I keep the 'to review' products separate to everything else by putting them all in a box. One day a week I will spend an hour or more taking photos of all the new products that are in the box, then I'll start using them and eventually end up reviewing them.

Cath Kidston 2015 Diary
Year after year I bought myself those little pocket diaries but after a week I would stop using them. But now I've splashed a little more cash out onto my diary I've really fallen in love with it and I use it everyday! You can tell I use it very often by how tatty it's gotten already... I find the diary really handy for planning posts, as at the front there is a month by month view which I use purely to plan what post will be posted on what day. Then the week by week view is mainly personal life and uni...

Blogger App
I'm not a massive fan of this app, I've never written a whole post using it. Maybe the Apple version is better but on Android it's a bit naff. However I do use it when I'm on the go and I've thought of a blog idea, I just save a draft titled with the idea. I am sooooo forgetful when I come to thinking of blog posts and I always end up kicking myself when I can't remember the idea I had, so being able come back to it later on is super handy.

Notebook
I bought a notebook that is just for my blogging notes, I tend to make lists of what I need to photograph and more recently things to say in my YouTube videos (keep your eyes out for my second video...it will happen eventually I promise!!) it's just nice to have it all in one notebook instead of scattered everywhere.

HP Pavilion Pink
Last but not least, is my laptop. This is a purchase I probably shouldn't have done as I had the same laptop before but in red, I sold it to my boyfriend when I found out about the pink ones so I could change the colour... But I do love it so that's all that matters, right??

What blogging equipment could you not live without?

Emma xo

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét