Thứ Hai, 6 tháng 10, 2014

Brand Focus: Rimmel London


Don't get me wrong, I want many, many high-end make up products as much as the next girl but at the end of the day I live in drugstores! I have stated in so many of my past posts about how much I loveee Rimmel London, the brands image is so patriotic and for me living on a student budget they are absolutely perfect in both price and quality. Here's the Rimmel products you will find in my make up bag...

What I have:
Clear Complexion Powder (Transparent)
This is a really bad one to start on, I bought this on a whim as there was a 3 for 2 on Rimmel so I grabbed it as I already had 2 other things but it had already broke in the bag before I'd gotten home so I've never had the chance to use it properly, in all honesty I've kept it purely for a back up if I ever run out of my other powders!

(made a bit of a mess, whoops!)
Stay Matte Powder (Transparent)
This powder however, has been dropped, chucked into my bag (you name it) and it hasn't even slightly broke, it still remains intact! It gives you a lovely matte finish reducing any shine without leaving you with a caked face! Perfect.


Stay Matte Foundation (Ivory)
I'm not a massive fan of this foundation, the slogan is "Cake No More" but I personally feel it does give me a very cakey finish. The foundation is really thick on the skin and just looks so unrealistic in a way, you really can't use this without contouring your face as you will just look like the moon out of The Might Boosh. But this is the only Rimmel product I've come across that I don't like to date!


Wake Me Up Foundation (Ivory)
I'm going to be repeating myself here as I've written so much about this in past posts! But my favorite thing about this foundation is the very subtle shimmer! It's so gorgeous, not too in your face and leaves you feeling all fabulous and if make-up doesn't make you feel fabulous, then it's not doing it's job properly!


Eyebrow Pencil (Black Brown)
This is my go to product for my eyebrows - you can tell I use them a lot by how grubby they are, haha! It's so cheap at only £2.99 RRP and it lasts all day long - without your eyebrows looking sharpied on or melted off! I have probably about 4 or 5 pencils of these pencils floating about, I honestly cannot get enough of these.


Scandaleyes Rockin Curves Mascara
I bought this mascara when it first came out as it was on a special deal, I didn't really know what to expect as it'd only just come out and I hadn't really pined over it so I was trying this with a complete blank mind on the product. I must say I do really like this  Mascara, it eliminates needing to put hundreds of applications on to get to the desired thick eyelashes look as you would with a smaller brush. The packing is also pretty cool, in a snake skin esque with it actually going bumpy like an actual snake skin.


Glam'Eyes Quad Eye Shadow (002 Smokey Brun)
This is a fabulous little quad palette, the colours are all very neutral making them perfect for creating a stunning subtle smokey eye which you can rock day to day. It blends effortlessly together, making application very simple! If you want an effortless smokey eye on a budget this is definitely the product for you!


Keep Calm Lip Balm (010 Clear - Keep Calm and Shop)
These lip balms are pretty much Rimmel's take on Maybelline's Baby Lips, you can even purchase them at the exact same price! The only difference I can really pick up on is the packaging and the shape. Rimmel has gone for different variations of the "Keep Calm" slogans and is shaped in the standard lipstick shape making them easier to use. I purchased the clear one, it smells so nice and makes my lips feel amazing!



Kate Moss Lasting Finish Matte Lipsticks
If I am honest, I am not a very big lipstick person and these are actually the only lipsticks I have ever owned to date. I feel that my lips are too small to rock colours such as a nice deep shade of red (which I think is absolutely gorgeous) so I haven't braved trying bolder colours, but I definitely hope to do so in future.  With these series of lipsticks from Rimmel being matte, I feel you need to have perfectly smooth lips to begin with or the lipstick actually enhightens how cracked your lips may be, so I apply some lip balm before putting on the colour. 


113
This is a pale nude shade which is perfect for if you have small lips like me! I absolutely love this colour on my self it's not too in-your-face.

101
This is a soft pink colour. I am not too hot on the colour just on it's self so when I decide to have pinker lips I apply 101 as the base then top it off with 113 to reduce the pinkiness into a more neutral shade of pink. 

Rita Ora Nail Varnishes
These nail varnishes I have spoke about before in my first ever blog post here. You don't even need to like Rita Ora to like the nail varnishes, besides they (sort of) dry in 60 seconds, they come in such great colours and they all have sex related names... WHAT IS NOT TO LOVE?

Emma xo

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét