Thứ Hai, 15 tháng 6, 2015

Brand Focus: Benefit

It'll come as no surprise to you that I do love Benefit... I mean most people do! Their packaging is always super cute and flawless, then their products often tend to work wonders. I know don't have the most impressive collection of Benefit make up but I thought I would share it with you all the same!

Concealers - Fake Up, Erase Paste and Boi-ing
  • My favourite products from Benefit has to be their concealers, regardless of the fact that they're well known for their 'brows. But I am a bit of a concealer freak, hence why I have all 3 of them, I just think they are worth the money more than any foundation as my most used foundations are all from Bourjois. 
  • Out of the 3 concealers Erase Paste is definitely my favourite, it has what the other two haven't, it has the strength of Boi-ing and the hydration of Fake Up combined into one. Fake Up is really good for under eyes because it has moisturising capabilities but it hasn't got as much coverage as Boi-ing, but Boi-ing is quite drying so it's nice to have an 'in the middle' concealer that has the best of both worlds.
Foundation - Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow
  • When I first got this foundation I was in love as you could probably tell from the review I had posted, 6 months down the line and I very rarely reach for it whilst doing my make up. The reason I first loved it was the reason I fell out of love with it too, I prefer something a little more... heavy duty? I don't have the most perfect complexion (sob) so when I put this on, I feel like it worsens my imperfections by making dry patches on my face very visible...
Powder - Hoola Bronzer
  • This is most definitely my most favourite bronzer in the World! I had to rebuy this soon as my old Hoola was beginning to reach the pan. It has such a nice undertone to it which doesn't make you look like an utter tango. It's also very buildable which I find is perfect for contouring, as some areas of the face need a heavier contour and others only need a light sweep, so you don't need two products to achieve that.
  • I do want to try out their other powders, I have my eyes on Rockateur, I've started to use blush a bit more now and it just looks like it would be the perfect shade for me, so who knows it might knock Hoola off as my favourite Benefit powder (but I doubt it)
Mascara - Roller Lash & They're Real
  • Since the release of Roller Lash I have definitely been team Roller Lash over They're Real. I found that it really did amazing things for my eyelashes and I was literally "wow"ed after trying my free sample from Elle. I went on to buy the full size ASAP because I didn't want to run out of the Roller Lash goodness, props to you there Benefit marketing team! But after reading Annabel's post on 'Mascara Layering' (link here) I tried the duo together like she suggests, starting with a layer of They're Real followed by Roller Lash and I was in love with They're Real once again as the duo works amazingly together!
Eyeliner - They're Real Lash Hugging Eyeliner
  • All I can really say is that I have a very love/hate relationship with this eyeliner. Some days it works AMAZINGLY, like I can't believe just how well I had perfected my cat-eye, then others it looks like a total mess. I find applying it quite easy, but every time you use it you're mean to rid of the existing product and push up a new one, I'll be totally oblivious to where I put the old product and I'll rest my hand on my face and leave the most unattractive black smudges all over my face. 
  • I'd like to try their 'Magic Ink' liquid eyeliner because I find liquid much easier to apply, however I have 'leaky eyes' which is a really gross way to put it (sorry) so when my eyes run liquid eyeliners tend to run down my face, whereas They're Real doesn't budge so I'm hoping that Magic Ink would be the same.
Eye Gel - Puff Off
  • As my review states I really wasn't too impressed with this gel, it just doesn't work the wonders I was expecting, I know, I know, I shouldn't of had such high hopes. But I do feel like this is Benefit's let down product, I feel like too much time went into making the adorable packaging instead of getting a product that really works. 
As mixed as my feelings are about some of the products I do really love Benefit and I always get excited when I hear about their new releases. But I do think you either love their products or you hate them, and different products work better for different people.

Emma xo

What is your favourite Benefit product?


Follow
SHARE:

P.s. Don't forget to vote All That Shimmers for Best New Beauty Blog! You can vote here.

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét