Thứ Hai, 9 tháng 3, 2015

Makeup Revolution: Iconic Pro 1 Palette

Don't we all love a good dupe? Here in the UK it's so hard to get your hands on the Lorac Pro Palette. But, hope is not lost as Makeup Revolution have brought out their new Iconic Pro 1 Palette*, which is so much easier to get your hands on and it costs a lot less. Win, win right?!
Top L-R: Ghost, Luna, Must, Enigma, Fade, Drama, Afflicted, Pitch
Bottom L-R: Need, Dawn, Getter, Breathe, Too Grey, Stage, Addicted, Player

If I'm honest, the very first thing I noticed about this palette is the packaging! I own quite a few Makeup Rev palettes and they are all black with gold writing and have a big mirror inside. But there's something different about this palette... It's a matte black instead of their usual glossy black, it's a very small and simple change but I adore it all the same! You cannot go wrong with matte (unless you spill foundation on it...). 

Another thing from this palette I'm genuinely really excited about is the new brush, I have never liked those stupid spongey foamy things in any drugstore eye shadow palettes. I have a hard time blending eye shadow as it is, why make it harder with weird spongey things? The brush has the same style as their other brushes, but this brush isn't sold separately, you can only get it from either of the Iconic Pro Palettes. They've name the brush "PRO 1989 Double-ended Eyeshadow Brush", like the name suggests it is a double ended eye shadow brush, with one side being quite flat, which is really useful for application then the other side is quite rounded and fluffy making it perfect for blending. I really hope they use this brush or something similar for future palettes, as I would happily say goodbye to those spongey brushes!

Anyway, on to the actual eye shadows (finally!) there are 8 stunning matte shades and 8 pretty shimmery shades to use. I own quite a few eye shadow palettes, it's borderline obsession... But this is one of the very few eye shadow palettes I own where I like and would happily use every single shade! My favourite shades have to be Fade, Need and Dawn, they're perfect for a cute everyday look. Also, the pigmentation of the palette is very build-able, so you can work a nice subtle everyday shimmer or go in for the more bolder colours and get creative with your eyes. I was also pleasantly surprised at all of the matte shades. I was a little scared they might be a bit chalky but Makeup Rev proved me wrong as they are so pigmented for matte shades - even the white! 

I think I may have to go get the Iconic Pro 2 now as well, as the shades in that palette are equally as stunning! Which palette do you prefer, Iconic Pro 1 or 2?

Emma xo
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram

*PR gifted product.


Go check out these lovely ladies! Gemms BeautyYay or Nay InteriorsProfessional Daydreamer & Bella La Moda <3

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét