Thứ Năm, 9 tháng 4, 2015

Benefit Hoola vs W7 Honolulu

Most of the time that W7 have featured on my blog, I have presented you with a dupe of a very popular, yet more expensive product. Today is no different as W7's Honolulu* is a bronzing powder that is extremely similar to Benefit's Hoola, a bronzing powder which we all know and love (I've even bought myself a new one as my old one's looking a bit scummy #bloggerproblems).

Honolulu left, Hoola right.

So what makes these powders so similar? They are both matte brown, with Honolulu being only slightly darker than Hoola. Both are also well pigmented, but in this case I would say that Honolulu is that bit more pigmented. However one of the things I love about Hoola is that it's so build-able, meaning I can go for a simple day-to-day bronze or a more dramatic look and it doesn't matter if I've been heavy handed, whereas with Honolulu all you need it a light sweep. But I've owned and used Hoola a lot longer so my views may be bias, I was still pleasantly surprised at the quality of Honolulu and these differences aren't at all noticeable as you can see from the swatches, it's a matter of preference.

The last W7 dupe I wrote about was their Absolute Lashes mascara, where the packaging was almost identical to Benefit's They're Real mascara. However they've gone for their own style with Honolulu, the packaging looks quite cute and Hawaiian like the name suggests. But I have to say that Hoola has much more practical packaging with the lid being attached plus having a mirror (mirrors always win brownie points in my books). Both also come with brushes that fit inside the boxes reducing the risk of losing them. Although Honolulu's brush feels softer than Hoolas, it tends to flick excess powder making my face look dirty - which isn't a good look on anyone.

Last but not least is the price tag, you can pick up Honolulu at around a fiver when Hoola costs around £23.50 - that's almost 5 times more expensive! With the quality being so similar, I think Honolulu wins with the price as the practical packaging isn't much to give up. Out of all the dupes I have tried this has got to be the best one that matches with regards to quality, so it is definitely worth a try!

Have you tried any of the W7 dupe products?

Emma xo
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram

*PR gifted product.


Go check out these lovely ladies! Gemms BeautyBella La Moda  & Burning Blonde <3

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét